From The Healthy Gluten-free Life.
Makes 24 cookies.
|1 cup||brown-rice flour|
|½ cup||sorghum flour|
|½ cup||potato starch|
|¾ cup||tapioca starch|
|1 tsp||xanthan gum|
|1 tsp||baking soda|
|2 tsp||cream of tartare|
|½ tsp||sea salt|
|1 cup||non-dairy butter*|
|1 cup||evaporated cane juice|
|1 tsp||flax meal, mix with 2 tbsp hot water|
|3 tbsp||unsweeten applesauce|
|topping||2 tbsp evaporated cane juice plus 1 tbsp cinnamon|
1. Wisk dry ingredients together.
2. In large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
3. Add flax meal mixture and applesauce, mix until combined.
4. Fold in dry ingredients ½ cup at a time until fully incorporated. If the dough is too dry, add small amounts of water gradually unti it ressembles cookie dough.
5. Chill dough for one hour in refrigerator.
6. Roll dough into balls, roll in topping, then press down to flatten slightly, and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
7. Bake at 350° for 11-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown, do not overbake.
8. Cool on wire rack.
* Earth Balance Vegan Buttery Sticks.