Another version; I saw this on America's Test Kitchen.
|28 oz||crushed tomatoes|
|—||Panko bread crumbs|
|¾ cup||parmiggiano reggiano, finely grated|
1. Cut chicken breast down the length parallel to the cutting board. Between plastic wrap, pound down the thicker parts, but not the edges. Sprinkle both sides with salt, pile them all up on a plate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. (This is the brining.) Remove, pat dry.
2. Make sauce with minced garlic in oil, add oregano, salt, tomatoes and sugar. Add olive oil at end. Leave to simmer.
3. Make breading, ½ cup Panko with ¾ cup parmiggiano reggiano, and pepper. Mix egg and flour together. Dip cutlet in egg, then dredge through bread crumbs pressing down.
4. In a hot skillet put ½ cup of oil and fry breaded cutlets 1-2 minutes each side. Rest on paper towel.
5. Arrange cutlets on a half-sheet, cover with a bit of Mozarrella and much more Fontina. Place under broiler. Remove and plate, cover with sauce just before serving.